The Albino Skunk Music Festival just may be the perfect music festival. Combine a wide range of musical genres from national recording artist and first-rate local musicians, unmatched atmosphere and a family friendly setting and you have all of the elements needed to please every music lover.
The festival is held twice a year and takes place on the Skunk Farm located just a few miles outside of Greer, South Carolina. Festival goers can choose from 1-3 day passes that let you hear up to 9 performances each day.
First and foremost, Albino Skunk is a music festival. The quality of music presented is incredible and Glynn Zeigler and his team work year round to bring established names along with more obscure artist to each iteration of the festival. The Albino Skunk resume cannot be questioned when you consider the bands that have graced their stage: The Avett Brothers, Trampled By Turtles, Lake Street Dive, Shiny Ribs, Steep Canyon Rangers,The Infamous Stringdusters to name but a few. Albino Skunk definitely gives their audience a chance to find their next favorite band!
Spring Skunk Lineup
Brian Ashley Jones
Pretty Little Goat
Songs From The Road Band
Ella and Mary
Life Like Water
Want to stay overnight, no problem. Camping is available but you better move quickly to reserve the last few spots available. RV and tent camping sites are located an easy walk from the listening area and are an excellent option if you plan to stay for more than one day of fun. If you can’t make it for the weekend, there is also plenty of free parking available within an easy walk to the stage area. Note: ANYONE bringing an RV or Trailer must purchase an RV Pass ($95) regardless of whether or not you have a reserved spot.
What to Bring
The two main things to bring to the festival is a love for music and a folding chair. The stage area at Albino Skunk is a natural amphitheater and sloped gently enough to provide an excellent seating area. When you arrive, you may see chairs placed all about. These are how people save their seats at the festival. Feel free to place your chairs in an open space … there will be dancing up front so if you like to sit and listen, sit a little ways back from the stage. Upcountry Provisions sets up on site with Food Trucks and Craft Beer vendors to provide everything you need for the day … no coolers are allowed in the listening area.
Other Fun at The Festival
Along with great music, other events are planned throughout the weekend. One popular addition to each festival weekend is the DeTour de Skunk charity bicycle ride through the foothills of the Blue Ridge that begins and ends at the parking area of the Albino Skunk Music Festival.
There is also yoga in the mornings, a full slate of children’s activities, performances by the Secret Cirkus and a wide variety of craft vendors setup throughout the weekend.
The festival returns October 3-5th and this one looks to be another great weekend for music fans. Head over to their site and grab your tickets and camping passes … we will see you there!
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- VIDEO: Man accused of throwing Molotov cocktails at ambulances arrested in Pennsylvania
- Cobb County horseback instructor missing, suspicious disappearance police say
- Former President Trump calls for GOP unity, says he won't start another party
- South Carolina walks-off against Clemson for second straight game, USC beats Tigers 8-7
- Mother, son arrested after man fatally stabbed during argument, officials say
- No. 3 A&M beats No. 5 South Carolina 65-57 for SEC title
- Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine gets the nod from CDC committee
- Spacewalking astronauts prep International Space Station for new solar panel wings
- Family, friends celebrate life of Upstate firefighter Sunday afternoon in Simpsonville
- Latest South Carolina COVID-19 report from DHEC: Feb. 28, 2021