The 2020 Atlantic hurricane season continues at what seems like breakneck speed: Tropical Depression 19 has strengthened to become Tropical Storm Sally.
It is a 50-mph storm located about 155 miles west of Port Charlotte, according to the National Hurricane Center’s latest advisory. After passing through South Florida on Saturday, the system entered the Gulf of Mexico.
Now moving across warm waters, this will allow the tropical storm to strengthen further in the coming days.
Upstate News Headlines
- Man Breaks Into Home While Teens Still Logged Into Class, Teacher Saves Day Calls 911
- How To Turn A Whole Pumpkin Into The Best Pumpkin pie
- Judge rules penalty phase of Scott Peterson trial will happen again
- A family cat brought home a snake with two heads in Florida
- Full 2020 South Carolina, North Carolina general election results
- Wearing masks could save more than 100,000 US lives through February, new study suggests
- Trump Campaign Videotaping People Depositing Ballots In Drop Boxes In Philadelphia
- Officials find first 'murder hornet' nest in the US
- What Happened To The Polls In 2016 — And What You Should Know About Them In 2020 l FiveThirtyEight
- The Second Debate Is Over And The Final Stage Of The Campaign Is Here l FiveThirtyEight