Seventy-five years after the end of World War II, more than 1 million Japanese war dead are scattered throughout Asia, where the legacy of Japanese aggression still hampers recovery efforts.The missing Japanese make up about half of the 2.4 million soldiers who died overseas during Japan’s military rampage across Asia in the early 20th century.They are on remote islands in the South Pacific. They are
Upstate News Headlines
- Assault suspect on the run after fighting, biting deputies, sheriff's office says
- DHEC releases new COVID-19 cases, deaths for Oct. 27, 2020
- How the pandemic is contributing to your insomnia
- DHEC: 755 new COVID-19 cases, 19 more deaths on Tuesday in SC
- SUV driver crosses center line on Upstate road, killing motorcyclist, troopers say
- 49 more sex crime charges filed against former SC university police officer, SLED says
- Proposed natural gas pipeline in northern Greenville County has residents concerned
- Motorcyclist dies in a fatal collision along Old Furnace Road in Spartanburg Co.
- Kushner says Black people must 'want to be successful'
- 'Massive' coral reef taller than the Empire State Building discovered in Australia