When we first install our window shutters, it’s easy to think that they’ll last forever. However, after being battered by storms and harsh conditions, they deteriorate and need replacing. These are some tell-tale signs you need new window shutters for your home. Learn about the importance of replacing them in a timely manner.
They Look Worn and Damaged
Often, you can tell that your shutters need replacing if they look worn and damaged. After years of endless sun, wind, and rain exposure, the shutters will crack and the paint will start to bleach or peel. While you can slow the damage with regular maintenance, they’ll eventually need to receive a protective coating. If they’re in really bad shape, you need to replace them.
They No Longer Function Properly
You should also consider replacement if your window shutters no longer work the way they used to. Shutters are great for privacy, providing additional home insulation, and even heightening your security. When they fail, you miss out on several key benefits. Breakage could mean your shutters no longer stay in a fixed position. Maybe, their hinges don’t move correctly. Either way, getting a new set is the best method for addressing these problems.
You’ve Recently Installed New Windows
You may need new window shutters if you are installing new windows. Shutters are designed to fit perfectly over a window’s outer frame. When you get windows that have different dimensions, you need new shutters to properly cover them. This is why you must take measurements when ordering a set of shutters.
You’re Interested in a New Style
You may want a new set of shutters just because they no longer suit your personal style. A home’s design should appeal to the owner. Otherwise, it can be hard for an individual to truly embrace the property. Uniqueness in style, design, and atmosphere are all key to making you feel at home. If you’re no longer a fan of your old shutters, purchase a new set.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Watch High-speed pursuit end after car slams into thick brush and suspects flee
- Man arrested for role in Capitol riot, threatening to assassinate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Spartanburg Coroner: Man entrapped in machine dies early Sunday morning
- Sen. Bernie Sanders turns inauguration meme into sweatshirt for charity
- NC Rep. Cawthorn Scrambles to defend voter fraud claims
- Child, man injured in NC shooting after dispute with driver
- COVID-19 cluster detected at NC State
- South Carolina man faces federal charges in U.S. Capitol riot
- Day two of COVID-19 vaccination clinic held at Charlotte Motor Speedway
- North Carolina’s first reported case of new COVID-19 strain found in Mecklenburg County