As the effects of the coronavirus pandemic are experienced across the country, wrongful death and gross negligence claims are on the rise, particularly by the families of employees who believe their loved ones may have come into contact with COVID-19 on the job.
Under normal circumstances, workplace injuries and illnesses are handled through the workers’ compensation system. Wrongful death and gross negligence claims are, however, brought as civil actions and almost always include demands for pain and suffering and punitive damages.
We offer the following three tips to avoid COVID-19 civil liability traps.
Learn more at https://www.hallbenefitslaw.com
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Washington state cop reportedly runs over pedestrian at street race
- 2 in 5 Americans live where COVID-19 strains hospital ICUs
- Trump Plotted To Replace AG General In Effort To Overturn Election Results
- Watch High-speed pursuit end after car slams into thick brush and suspects flee
- Man arrested for role in Capitol riot, threatening to assassinate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Spartanburg Coroner: Man entrapped in machine dies early Sunday morning
- Sen. Bernie Sanders turns inauguration meme into sweatshirt for charity
- NC Rep. Cawthorn Scrambles to defend voter fraud claims
- Child, man injured in NC shooting after dispute with driver
- COVID-19 cluster detected at NC State