As we come up on a year of social distancing efforts, COVID-19 vaccines are rolling out across the country. However, practices like wearing a mask and social distancing are as important as ever. Fortunately, there are still plenty of ways to stay active, fight off boredom, and live life fully during the coronavirus pandemic. While you and your family help keep others safe, you can make the most of the extra time together. Check out these pandemic-safe activities to do with your family.
Explore the Neighborhood
One of the hardest parts of social distancing is that you find yourself spending most of your time indoors. Make a point of getting the fresh air you’ve been missing out on by taking the family out for regular walks around the neighborhood. Afternoon walks are a great way to unwind and share stories about the day. Alternatively, start each morning on the right foot with a healthy stroll around the block. The activity is good for you and your family, and the fresh air can do wonders for your mood. As you explore your local streets, keep an eye out for the first signs of spring that are sure to be around the corner.
Hit the Road
This past year has seen a lot of canceled or postponed travel plans. While your original airplane tickets or hotel bookings might be a no-go, that doesn’t mean you have to stay at home all season long. Road trips—especially family-friendly RV trips—are a great way to travel without interacting too much with other people. Avoid crowded destinations, and venture out into gorgeous state or national parks instead.
Learn a New Skill
Over the past year, many people have used social distancing as an excuse to finally pick up a new hobby or skill, which is another of the best pandemic-safe activities to do with your family. Online classes, apps, and even YouTube videos make it easy to teach yourself something new. The best part is that you and your family can go at your own pace. Want to practice speaking a new language every day? Would you rather take it slow and make a new recipe once a week? No matter what you do, the joy of learning something new with the whole family remains the same.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- McConnell says GOP will back Murkowski's reelection despite former President Trump's call to oust
- Smartphone addiction could ruin sleep, study says, but you can fight back
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine: what you need to know
- Former President Trump faces probes from 5 independently elected investigators. Here's where each one stands
- Mission Health hospitals to relax visitation restrictions beginning March 2
- 'We're excited': Greenville bars and restaurants react to lifted 'last call' order
- Upstate schools moving on to state championship games
- Pedestrian hit and killed on I-185 troopers says
- Coroner's office responding to fatal crash involving pedestrian in Greenville
- Pedestrian hit by 3 cars dies on I-185, troopers say