Even though this year has been really tough, Thanksgiving 2020 offers Greenville residents a time to reflect, be thankful and look for ways to give back to the community.
The Givers’ Dozen Support Local Giveaway
Like a Baker’s Dozen of 13, The Givers’ Dozen are 13 locally owned businesses giving away prizes. Thanks to Donald Barbour of Keller Williams for organizing this incredible event.
Here’s how to enter and earn more chances to win:
1. Entry One earned when you register at https://forms.gle/YzGgah2pGKqjmJNH9 and “Like” this post November 20 – 30.
2. Entry Two earned when you tag a friend’s name in the comments of this post.
3. Entry Three earned when you “Share” this post on your Facebook wall.
**One drawing will be done each night December 1 – 13. Each prize ranges from $25 – $50 and even more. So, who are the The Givers’ Dozen??? The Mad Smash Rage Room, Gather GVL, Open Art Studios Greenville, Bobby’s Seasoning & BBQ, Carolina Olive Oil, Upstate Pinball & Arcade Museum, Stone Pizza Company, Craft Axe Throwing- Greenville, Verdant Market, Exchange Co., Cucina 100, The Tasting Room of Travelers Rest, and Molly and Myles Ice Cream Greenville. Make sure to visit and “Like” their pages too. Despite a tough 2020 with shutdowns and restrictions, these businesses continue to give to their communities and opportunities for you to win. Let’s all keep supporting these local businesses and showing them some love.
Horizon Records Hosting Rock The Pantry Benefit for Loaves & Fishes November 27th
Since 1975 we have been proud to be your hometown record freaks. Through the years (thick and thin), you’ve been there for us. This holiday season, we want to be here for each other by collecting for our neighbors in need. So we’ve partnered with the heroes at LOAVES & FISHES GREENVILLE to ROCK THE PANTRY, starting on BLACK FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 27th!
Horizon Records will be collecting canned and other non-perishable food items to help support the families that rely on food banks (whose supplies are currently being impacted due to Covid-19). We will also take cash and debit/credit card donations at check out. It’s a quick and easy process, and ALL of your donation will go to Loaves & Fishes. We will of course be kicking out the jams with great RSD BLACK FRIDAY EXCLUSIVE TITLES, but we love our community; so let’s ALL come home for the holidays TOGETHER.
Volunteer at Harvest Hope Food Bank
For the week of Thanksgiving, the emergency food pantry in the Midlands and Upstate will be open Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9 am – 1 pm.
All branch locations will be closed Thursday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 27 in observance of Thanksgiving.
Please visit our website at harvesthope.org for any additional questions.
More Ways to Help
Today’s Upstate Event Calendar
40th Annual Anderson Toy Parade
Beethoven Concert Series
Biltmore Candlelight Christmas Evenings (Nov. 6-Jan. 9, 2021)
Brooks Dixon Duo at Gather GVL
Christmas light show @Foothills Church
Cookies with Santa and Mrs. Claus
Greenville Open Studios
Greenville Open Studios @ Cecilia Ho, FELTasticFashion
Holiday [Mini] Flea
Ice on Main
Mini Holiday Flea
Rod Man (Special Event)
Shadrack's Christmas Wonderland Presented by Ingles
Small Brewery Sunday
Spartanburg Skating on the Square
Sunday Afternoon Tunes W/Andrew Crawford @Tribble's
Sunday Cat Yoga
WestFest VIII featuring Sam Burchfield
Yuletide Unicorn Christmas Festival with Santa Clause
Upstate News Headlines
- Family mourns on birthday of Spartanburg teen killed in July 2020
- Trevor Lawrence on last game in Clemson: “There’s not many places like it”
- Meet Maxine “Big Momma” Davis. She just turned 100 and threw an axe to celebrate
- #1 Clemson vs Pittsburgh Highlights Plus Dabo’s Postgame Comments
- 1 dead, 14 injured following shooting at Aiken nightclub
- Tigers take out frustrations on Pitt in dominant Death Valley effort
- Troopers: Passenger killed in collision north of Easley
- Upstate Weather: Heavy Rain Arrives Sunday Night
- Upgrading Your Thanksgiving Leftovers (4 Ways)
- DHEC Announces Nearly 1800 Covid-19 Infections :: November 28th