After a twenty month pause in home games at Fluor Field, The Greenville Drive take to the field and open the 2021 baseball season Wednesday night to begin a 120 game season. Rain delayed the opener but for baseball fans, one more day is not a big ask if it means the return of America’s Pastime to Greenville. While waning, the Covid-19 pandemic is still a factor and there are some changes in place to accommodate the return of fans to the stadium.
Here’s our guide to what you need to know about the upcoming Greenville Drive 2021 season.
- including a 50% capacity limit for all May games
- required mask/face coverings in the stadium
- socially distant seating
The Drive encourage fans not to bring any bags, however, the following will be permitted:
- One clear bag no larger than 12″ by x 6″ x 12″ OR a one-gallon clear freezer bag (Ziploc or similar).
- In addition, fans may carry a small clutch bag or purse no larger than 6.5″ x 4.5″, with or without a strap.
- Each ticket holder, including children, may carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
Fan Events Planned for Each Homestand
- White Claw Wednesday – $2 White Claws each Wednesday of the season
- Dollar Drink Night – Fans 21 years and up can enjoy a cold $1 Coors Light or $2 Beer of the Month, Sweetwater 420. Look for additional Dollar Drink distribution points throughout the stadium to alleviate lines and help with social distancing. Pepsi Fountain Products are also just a $1 at 7th Inning Stretch or Splendid Splinter concession stands.
- Thirst Inning – Friday & Saturday nights during the 1st inning Budweiser, Bud Light and Michelob Ultra’s are just $2 at the Budweiser Beer Carts! Additional distribution points added on the Green Monster and at the Home Field Advantage Beer Cart this season.
- Hubbell Lighting’s “Light It Up” Friday Fireworks – the best fireworks show in town is right here at Fluor Field following each Friday night game
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Kids Run the Bases – Run the bases with Reedy Rip’It after every Sunday game
Three Drive Players to Watch in 2021
- Gilberto Jimenez : Scouts say this about the young prospect “the ceiling is about as high here as it is for any other player in the entire farm system”
- Jay Groome : The pitching prospect projects to be a good mid-rotation starter if the stuff comes back and he might be the most interesting player to watch in 2021
- Brandon Howlett is listed as the top Sleeper Prospect “if he makes enough contact to really tap into his power he will surprise some people and get back on that radar”
- View the Complete Drive Roster
Single game tickets are on sale now and can be purchased online or by calling the box office at 864-240-4528
Event day parking is available around the ballpark. Additionally, the City of Greenville and the Drive also provide trolley services from County Square to Fluor Field, and the trolleys run through County Square every 15 minutes.
Plan Your Games With the 2021 Greenville Drive Schedule
The Drive will be playing in the newly formed High-A East League, as members of the Southern Division. The 2021 season will feature a uniquely designed 120-game schedule, with an even balance of home and road games. The schedule for 2021 has been structured to minimize travel and allow for a focus on player health and safety.
[add_eventon show_et_ft_img=”yes” etc_override=”yes” exp_jumper=”yes” ux_val=”4″ number_of_months=”12″ event_type=”1247,”]