2019 Vintage Base Ball Game against the Georgia Peaches, from the Ty Cobb Museum in Royston, Georgia.
Learn more at shoelessjoejackson.org
Bring a lawn chair or a blanket and enjoy the intricacies of pre-199 Base Ball as we continue to build for the Museum’s future. Game time begins at 11:00 am. Admission is FREE. The Doubleheader will be played at the Shoeless Joe Jackson Memorial Field, adjacent to Brandon Mills, the same place where Joe played and learned to hit, becoming one of the very best hitters in the history of the Major Leagues.
Pre-game ceremonies will begin at 10:30 am with the singing of our National Anthem and other old time classics by a Barbershop Quartet. Mark Pienkos, author of the most recent book about the Chicago White Sox of 1917 and 1919, will do a presentation and will also be available to sign any purchased book.
Finally, Food will be available from Wholy Smoke, a fabulous Food Truck that will cater to all in attendance who may want to buy some lunch or something refreshing to drink.
How to Get There
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Travelers Rest Adds New Shuttle Service
- Local organization works to provide safe housing
- DHEC to receive 100K doses next week
- Summer camps are back at the Children’s Museum of the Upstate
- Update on a woman who disappeared three years ago in the Upstate
- Pickens Co. schools get USDA grant to boost digital & distance learning in rural areas
- Wild shootout in Southwest Miami-Dade captured on surveillance video
- This hack stops you crying when you cut onions
- A Texas woman sues an electric company after her bill was nearly $10,000
- New body-worn equipment for Greenville Police aimed at use of force incidents