A small but mighty swab is the latest secret weapon in testing for COVID-19.Now the swabs are part of a coronavirus collection kit.
Hoowaki, the Upstate company that developed the new type of swab, is now partnering with another Greenville-based medical supply company, CPT Medical.
“A specimen collection kit is the first step in getting tested for COVID-19. It consists of a nasopharyngeal swab, and then a transport tube with Viral Transport Media (VTM) in it – and that’s what preserves that specimen as it gets the laboratory to get tested,” said Austin Shirley of CPT Medical.
More Covid-19 News & Notes
- How To Throw Away a Face Mask
- Prisma Health Vaccine Task Force Dispels Four Common Covid-19 Vaccine Myths
- Greenville CVS Pharmacies Showing Available Covid-19 Vaccination Appointments Tuesday
- Covid-19 in South Carolina: April 22 Update
- All South Carolina Residents 16 and Older Can Schedule Covid-19 Vaccine Starting March 31st
- North Carolina to Offer Covid-19 Vaccine to All Residents 16 and Over April 7th
- South Carolina health officials release latest COVID-19 update for March 25, 2021
- Georgia to open Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility to Everyone 16+ Starting Thursday
- Why you can’t compare Covid-19 vaccines
- Greenville CVS Pharmacies Showing Open Covid-19 Appointments Sunday