A small but mighty swab is the latest secret weapon in testing for COVID-19.Now the swabs are part of a coronavirus collection kit.
Hoowaki, the Upstate company that developed the new type of swab, is now partnering with another Greenville-based medical supply company, CPT Medical.
“A specimen collection kit is the first step in getting tested for COVID-19. It consists of a nasopharyngeal swab, and then a transport tube with Viral Transport Media (VTM) in it – and that’s what preserves that specimen as it gets the laboratory to get tested,” said Austin Shirley of CPT Medical.
More Covid-19 News & Notes
- Covid-19 Real Time Case Map
- Video: What Are the Concerns About a Rush to Get a Covid-19 Vaccine
- Video: What Happens After a Covid-19 Vaccine is Available
- Nearly 300,000 Coronavirus Deaths Now Predicted In US By End Of Year
- YMCA plans for child care amidst a pandemic
- What Teachers Want Parents To Know As Schools Reopen
- On The Frontlines Of The Pandemic With an Upstate ER Doctor: The YoPro Way
- Experts Predict What Life Will Be Like After A COVID-19 Vaccine Arrives
- Dr. Anthony Fauci joins Reuters for an exclusive interview on the future of COVID-19
- Dr. Anthony Fauci says there is ‘a degree’ of airborne spread of coronavirus