Reading this on our app? Tap here for the best viewing experience.
After spending several long months studying at home, staying indoors, and missing out on social gatherings like play dates and parties, wearing a face mask is probably the last thing your kids want to do. While wearing a mask isn’t a substitution for social distancing, when you do need to venture outdoors, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that children over the age of 2 wear a mask in public to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
It may be a struggle to get your little ones to cooperate, but masks are only effective if they’re worn correctly and provide a proper fit. In order to ensure that they snugly and comfortably surround your child’s mouth and nose (and stay put!), it’s important to purchase a smaller mask that’s made to fit their specific age group and face size. The less your child needs to adjust their mask, the less they’ll touch their face.
There are plenty of cute and comfy cloth face masks available for kids that are made by trusted brands, featuring playful patterns, kid-friendly colorful designs, and even some of your child’s favorite characters. So even if they don’t fully understand why they need to wear a mask, they’ll want to wear one, anyway.
Upstate News Headlines
- LSU freshman Finley thrives, Tigers stop South Carolina, 52-24
- Relentless holding Fall Festival Sunday
- Wild back-and-forth in Game 4, unbelievable 9th inning comeback leads to Tampa Bay win, tied World Series
- Chief of staff for Vice President Pence tests positive for COVID-19
- Car catches on fire after woman says her brakes failed, and she hit a gas pump, troopers say
- Coronavirus: Mike Pence continues campaign tour despite chief of staff's positive test
- Pence chief of staff Marc Short tests positive for coronavirus
- Opinion: How Trump could undermine Fauci and remake the US government
- Munjoma’s 96th Minute Goal Sees North Texas Past Tormenta FC
- Week ahead: 3 things to know