One person has died and two others are being treated for injuries after a shooting in Gaston County near Gastonia, according to the Gaston County Police Department. Police are investigating the case as a homicide.
Police were called to the scene around 7:30 p.m. Monday. It happened in the 2400 block of Greenleaf Drive.
When police arrived at the scene, they found one male victim who had died and two other victims that were taken to CaroMont Regional Medical Center to be treated for injuries. The extent of their injuries has not been made public, and the names of the victims have not been released.
At this time, police do not have a description of a potential suspect. Police are asking anyone with information regarding the shooting to contact Detective M. Rheinson at 704-866-3320 or contact Crime Stoppers at 704-861-8000.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- McMaster Applauds Texas Governor on Lifting Mask Restrictions
- 94-year-old crossing guard has no plans to slow down
- Security Heightened In DC Due To QAnon Conspiracy Theory About March 4
- Vaccine supply remains obstacle in getting Phase 1B going in South Carolina
- Pandemic causes litter to pile up along SC roadways
- Aloft Greenville Downtown foster program returns
- Three men charged in double homicide, deputies say
- Watch SpaceX Starship SN10 explode shortly after landing
- Mississippi told to pay $500,000 to wrongfully imprisoned man
- Local essential workers hopeful as COVID-19 vaccine becomes available to them